Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Reflection on Synthesis Essay

When I first started this paper, I knew that I had a general negative attitude towards social media and cell phones. I didn't like how people would use them while at the dinner table or in class, and I didn't like how I personally feel the need to check my phone all the time. After working on this essay for some time, I realized that I didn't just dislike cell phones and social media because people were on them all the time, I discovered how cell phones and social media take away from important experiences in our life. I believe that they make us feel obligated to do things that generations before us have never felt obligated to do. The main obligation being that it is our duty to share our lives with everyone. This idea of sharing with other people over texts and the internet takes away from our notable experiences in life, because all we are worried about is making sure that other people know about what happens in our lives. I also learned that they change the way we think and feel. After absorbing my sources for this paper, I realized that cell phones can take away from human curiosity and wonderment as well as our own feelings. In my original design plan, I had only pointed out that it was just social media that had caused this issue. After diving deeper into my paper, I found that it was both social media and cell phones that are causing the problem, because we take our cell phones with us wherever we go, and we feel naked without them. I felt that I accomplished what I was set out to do in this paper, as I discovered how cell phones and social affect me and how I truly feel about them. Another reason why I feel a sense of accomplishment, is because I may have changed the way other people view social media and cell phone usage after reading my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment