Topic: Should the drinking age be lowered?
1. I chose this topic, because it is very much a part of the lives of young adults. I think it would be interesting to find out exactly why the drinking age in America is 21.
2. I want to answer the question as to whether or not the U.S. would benefit from lowering the drinking age.
3. I chose this question, because I felt that it is a topic that I could write passionately about. It is also a subject matter that many people take a strong stance on.
4. I need to learn about the pros and cons of lowering the drinking age. These pros and cons can be social, economical, physical, psychological, etc.
5. I need to read from experts who have done research on the topic. Other countries allow a drinking age that is lower than 21. I need the facts about how these countries benefit or suffer from having a drinking age lower than 21. Also, research done by health professionals would also help, as alcohol causes major changes to the body.
Thursday, March 17, 2016
After performing some research and writing about the gluten-free diet, I discovered that I was not only trying to inform the audience about why there is a growing trend of the diet, but about all the aspects of gluten intolerance. At first, I thought I was just going to write about the numbers and statistics of the growing population of people trying out the gluten-free diet, but I realized that my audience would need more. I went into detail about what gluten is and how it affects the body. The research taught me how gluten affects the immune system of people with celiac disease. I also thought I would be more personal about my own experiences and my family’s experience on being gluten-free, but I thought the audience would want to learn more about the diet itself than about me.
In comparison to my design plan and outline, I found that I was actually informing the reader more than I thought I would about celiac disease. In fact, I wrote more about celiac and its affects than about people without celiac trying the gluten-free diet. I also found more reasons than I thought I would about why the diet is growing, such as the popularity for Paleo diets and the placebo effect.
There were some aspects in my design plan that I did end up performing. I planned on using an image, an article, and a novel as my sources for my paper. I did use these three different types of sources effectively in my essay. Lastly, I stated in my design plan that the purpose for this communication was so the audience will have a better understanding as to why people are gluten free, why they see gluten free items on menus at restaurants, and even motivate the reader enough to consider whether or not they should go gluten free. I believe that I fulfilled out the purpose of this communication in my essay.
Monday, March 14, 2016
I noticed today that I had missed placed my shoes. They are my favorite pair of shoes. I had custom-made them online over the summer. It was the first time I had ever spent over $50 on a pair of shoes. If anyone finds a pair of black white and blue Nikes, feel free to let me know.
I have visited 14 different colleges and universities this school year. My favorite university that I visited is Wisconsin University in Madison. The campus was huge, the parties were awesome, and the people were great. I wish the school had an aviation program.